Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mary's birthday

My wife’s birthday.

Every year on my wife’s birthday I host a party at our Club in the Main Restaurant. This year was no exception.

First, I chose the Thursday closest to her birthday, February 7th. I chose a Thursday because on that evening the Club has a special bistro night when you can eat as much as you like for a fixed price. So I knew in advance what the cost of the party would be. A few weeks before the event, I e-mailed the guests to ascertain the numbers who would be free to turn up. I gave them the time and place and the dress code, which is always black tie, meaning tuxedo or dinner jacket for the gentlemen and evening gowns for the ladies. Then I booked the restaurant,giving them the number of guests so that they knew how many tables to prepare. I then, of course, had to buy a birthday present and arrange for flowers to be delivered to the school where my wife works.

The day of the party arrived. As usual we dressed up in the early evening and went to the Club to receive our guests. We enjoyed a very pleasant evening with our friends. They all brought flowers and presents for Mary, my wife, and she took lots of photos to preserve our memory of the occasion.

225 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment